Gifts in Kind
Contribute a Product or Service
to Extreme Outreach Society
Gifts in Kind could Include:
- Gifts by a company/individual of service*
- Donations of clothes, furniture, home baking, etc
- Payment for a lottery ticket or other chances to win a prize
*Eligible for a tax receipt if service is provided, EOS pays for the service, and then the company/individual return the payment to us as an official donation
We can currently accept land under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) gifts-in-kind laws, which allow us to provide tax receipts for the fair market value after appropriate appraisal and evaluation.
Considerations for Gifts in Kind
1. Gift is of value to the organization
2. Gifts-In-Kind are eligible for a tax receipt*
*An appropriate appraisal for income tax purposes should be made by a qualified appraiser not associated with the donor or Extreme Outreach Society. One or more appraisals to establish the fair market value may be required. Where the value of the gift is $1,000 or less, CRA will generally accept a valuation made by an Extreme Outreach Society staff member, provided that the staff member is knowledgeable in the field and is qualified to establish the value of the gift.