Help Fill 1000 Stockings for Those in Need in Our Community!
Every year, we fill over 1000 stockings with gifts, hygiene items, and treats. Although we focus primarily on children who are caught in the cycle of poverty, we also support people who end up at shelters, detox and on the streets of Greater Victoria; those who have many needs and would otherwise never receive a gift.
We typically fill 300 stockings for women and 300 for men. All the rest of the stockings go to children.
The WARM A SOUL campaign runs from November 15 – December 15. The children’s stockings are delivered during our Extreme Annual Christmas Dinner and the adult stockings are delivered by volunteers to the homeless and less fortunate.
How to Join in on the Fun!
To reach our goal of over 1000 stockings, we need your help! Businesses, schools, other groups, and individuals can get involved in bringing joy to someone in need this Christmas by donating funds for us to purchase and fill stockings, or by filling stockings on their own! Follow the instructions below to get started.
We need your help! If you would like to register for a STOCKING STUFFING WORKSHOP to help fill and sort stockings at the coffee house, please contact us and specify your name, contact information, and date preference (Friday, December 1st 11am to 2pm OR Saturday, December 9th 10am to 2pm). Space is limited so be sure to register early!
Stocking Stuffer How-to’s
- Each stocking should cost approximately $20.00
- For women and children, pick up a large red stocking from any Dollar Store
- For men, use a pair of large wool socks. Put one sock in the toe of the other
- Fill your sock/stocking with items such as brushes, hygiene products, clothing, toys, books, games, and hard candy. For more gift ideas, see the section below: “Creative Ways To Help”
- Please secure stockings with a safety pin to keep items from falling out during transport
- Please attach a note to the safety pin with the category (boy, girl, woman, man) and if it is for a child or youth, the approximate age range that the stocking is suitable for.
- We will include a card of encouragement with your stocking. Please refrain from adding your own personal note or information.
Stocking donations can be dropped off at our Extreme Outreach Coffee House from November 15 – December 15!
For stocking-stuffer suggestions and creative ways to Warm a Soul – CLICK HERE
Don’t have time to make a stocking?
We can stuff stockings on your behalf! You can donate $20 and we’ll go out and purchase all the supplies for you. Help us reach our goal and warm a soul for those less fortunate in our community!